Turn It In Submission Guidelines for Students
**YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE DIRECTION EXACTLY**Getting Started:
Submitting a Paper:
- Go to the web page for turnitin.com (www.turnitin.com)
- On the login place in the upper right-hand corner, click on “New User”. You will follow these directions.
- For user type, select “student”
class ID (Your teacher will provide you with this for each class) and
below enter your class password (again, your teacher will provide this)
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Set up a password that you MUST REMEMBER ALL YEAR. Copy this into your planner. Use the same password for each of your classes!
- Select a secret question from the list and type its answer.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Follow screen directions now to submit a paper.
- Exit out of the wizard.
through the prompt in the upper right-hand corner with your e-mail
address and password. This brings you to the student home page.
- Click on “enter a class” to see the assignment.
- To submit, click the “submit” button next to the assignment.
- Choose “file.upload” or “cut and paste” in order to get your paper into the white rectangle at the bottom of the page.
- Put your first and last name in the slots.
- Put the title of the paper in the submission title slot.
- Once you see the text of your paper in the white space, click on “submit” ONLY ONCE
a few seconds, and you will see the paper ID submission number that
appears in red on the submission receipt that will appear on the screen.
Copy that number onto your print copy of the paper you turn into your
teacher (assuming that teacher wants a paper copy).
- Log off the site.