High School Placement Test
Mother of Mercy High School is pleased to host the High School Placement Test each Fall. Students can take the test at any high school in which they can enroll (Mercy accepts female registrants only) and have the option of sending their results to up to three different schools.
The 2012 HSPT testing date is November 17, 2012 at 8:30 a.m.
Please arrive at 8:00 a.m. in the lower parking lot and enter the building through the gym lobby.
Test Fee: $30
Mercy offers 50% extended time, a reader, and enlarged print tests for qualifying students. To qualify, students must have a diagnosed disability, a formal accommodation plan, and use the accommodations on a regular basis.
To request special testing accommodations, follow these steps:
1. Register for the test by downloading and completing the PDF registration form (which includes the necessary accommodation authorization information). This 2-page form must be returned to Mercy with payment and required documentation by Monday, November 5.
- Required documentation includes Evaluation Team Report (ETR), Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/Service Plan (ISP), and/or Accommodation Plan, 6th and 7th grade standardized tests and report card grades.
- To obtain copies of these records, please contact the student's current school.
2. Contact Scott Ridder, Mercy’s School Psychologist at email@example.com or 661.2740 ext. 363 to indicate specific accommodations you are requesting.
If special testing accommodations are not needed, please click the button below to register online.
*Online registration will close Thursday, November 15, however, walk-ins
will be welcome the day of the test. (Test accommodations will not be provided for walk-ins.)
** To maximize potential, we encourage students to take advantage of Mercy's HSPT Prep Class (see details below).
High School Placement Test Prep Class
Registration has been closed, as we have exceeded capacity.
Mercy is offering two free HSPT Prep Classes to any student who may enroll in this school (female registrants only).
Students can choose to take the class on either Saturday, November 3 or Saturday, November 10 from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
This optional preparation program is designed to:
- Strengthen your test-taking skills.
- Help you master time-management strategies.
- Give you the opportunity to take practice HSPT tests.
- Motivate and build on your self-confidence.
- Show you exactly what to expect on test day.
Details for the 2102 HSPT Prep Class are as follows:
- Arrive through the "Technology Wing"
doors (enter parking lot at corner of Werk Road and Epworth Ave.)
at 8:15 a.m.
- Parents can pick students up at the same location around 11:30 a.m.
- Dress is casual. You do not need to bring anything with you - Mercy will provide pens, pencils, paper, handouts, etc.
- There will be three 45 minute
sessions. Each session will provide you with an overview of the content
and samples of questions contained on the HSPT. Examples of websites and
other resources for additional practice will also be shared. For best
results, Mercy encourages students to spend the next few weeks
practicing the tips and examples taught during the Prep Class. The three
sessions are as follows:
- General Test-Taking Strategies
- Language Arts
- Application for Admission, Scholarship/Tuition Assistance forms are due by November 17, 2012.