Learning Services Program
Working with students within every level of academic study at Mercy (from College Prep I to Advanced Placement), we offer an extensive program of professional support appropriate for varying degrees of learning challenges and disabilities. Whether your daughter simply needs tutoring in math or reading, or she requires specific accommodations and support for her Individual Service Plan, Mercy’s LSP Team will ensure she is cared for and receives the learning conditions and services she needs in order to reach her greatest academic potential.
Our team of Intervention and Remediation Specialists, school Psychologist, and Instructional Assistants work closely with classroom teachers to communicate each student’s learning style and, guided by a formally defined plan, continually help improve individual student achievement. Some key components of Mercy’s program include, but are not limited to:
- Individual and small group instruction conducted in our dedicated Learning Service Center;
- Testing and classroom accommodations e.g. extended testing time, reading of written tests, question and direction clarification, etc.;
- Consultations with teachers and parents to develop learning strategies;
- Professional psycho-educational assessments;
- Assistive technology software and devices to support reading and written language needs
The Learning Services Program at Mercy has been cited as one of the most comprehensive and successful in the city. We’d be happy to discuss with your family the ways in which we could help your daughter further both her learning skills and confidence in her abilities.