Typical Freshman Schedule
Incoming freshmen typically take the following courses in their first year of study at Mercy. For more information on the teachers for these classes, be sure to check out our Mercy faculty and staff directory.
- Religion – Old Testament/New Testament
- English – Honors I or II, College Prep I or II
- Science – Honors I or II, College Prep I or II
- Math – Algebra I (Honors, College Prep I or II) or Geometry (Adv., Honors or College Prep)
- World History – Honors or College Prep (1 semester)
- Foreign Language – Spanish, French or Latin (on-line)
- Computer Literacy - (1 semester)
- Phys Ed/Health or Art or Chorus
- Drama/Music Lessons/Remedial Assistance (optional)
Placement in classes is based upon Placement Test scores, Junior High transcripts including standardized test scores, teacher recommendations, and an individual conference with parents and students.