Shadowing at Mercy
Mercy’s Shadow Program allows prospective eighth grade students to experience an entire day at Mercy with a Student Ambassador. Our student ambassadors have been selected for their excellence in academics, extracurriculars and embodying the Mercy values.
Shadowing is an invaluable experience that gives eighth graders an opportunity to get a feel of what it’s really like to be a Bobcat. During the shadow visit, students will
- Participate in classroom activity
- Meet faculty and staff
- Receive answers to questions about Mercy & high school life
- Eat a complimentary lunch with Mercy students
- Tour Mercy's beautiful campus
- Be Inspired!
Scheduling Your Shadow Day
Please review your current grade school’s policy on shadowing before you schedule a visit to Mercy.
- Visits are available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from September 10 through December 21
- Thursday, October 25 is now open to shadows as well.
- Please note:
- Friday, December 21 is Mercy's last school day before Christmas break and is not a typical academic day.
is limited space on days when grade schools are not in session, such as
Christmas & Thanksgiving break.
- Prospective students are encouraged to schedule a visit one week in advance to ensure a spot.
- Students may request a Mercy student they wish to shadow or choose to be with someone according to individual interests and skills. We will try our best to honor these requests.
- Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
The following days are not available for shadow visits:
October 22 - due to the high number of registrants, we are not able to accommodate any more students on this day.
The following day(s) Mercy has late arrivals and early dismissals:
September 11 – late arrival (8:25)
Shadow Day Logistics
Be sure to fill out the interest section to help us
make your shadow visit a great experience. A confirmation email will be
sent upon completing your registration. If you have any questions, please contact Cara Hyland, Director of Admissions at 513.661.2740 (ext. 346).
- Students shadowing should be dropped off and picked up at Mercy's Tech Wing, located at the corner of Epworth and Werk Road.
- Shadows should arrive at 7:35 a.m. and will be greeted by a student ambassador.
- Shadows should be picked up in the Tech Wing lot at 2:45 p.m.
(Dismissal may take a bit longer, depending on the amount of shadows we have that day.)
- Must bring a signed Emergency Contact/ Photo Consent Form in order to shadow.
- Mercy will provide a complimentary cafeteria lunch coupon, however students are also welcome to bring a packed lunch.
- May want to bring extra money, as Mercy's Spirit Shop will be open for shadows.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing (jeans and gym shoes permitted). Mercy Spirit Wear is encouraged!
- Join in on the fun in the classroom — discussions, projects and activities!