Power Teacher Tips
POWER TEACHER WEBSITE: motherofmercy.powerschool.com/teachers
POWER TEACHER GRADE SETUP
At the beginning of each year you must set up PowerTeacher so the that year and semester averages calculate correctly. Please do the following. You MUST
do this to EACH
class, but there is now a COPY feature that allows you to copy this set-up to other classes
- choose the "Grade Setup" tab across the top
- you will need to setup Y1, S1, and S2 (if you don’t have a full year course, you will not have Y1)
- Double click on Y1, S1 or S2. Below, check the box that says TERM WEIGHTS (not total points or category weights)
- your Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 can have Total Points or Category Weights , but not S1, S2, Y1!
CLEARING GRADES FROM DROPPED STUDENTS
- In the Gradebook, look under Student Groups in the left column of the class that the student was dropped from. You should see a group called Dropped and it should have a number in parentheses behind it.
- Click on the arrow in front of the word Dropped, the student’s name should appear.
- Click on the student’s name. At first this doesn’t give you access to the info you need.
- Click on the menu under Student Groups that says Highlight Selected and choose Filter Selected.
- You should then see the students old grades to the right.
- Delete all of her old grades so that they are blank.
PRINTING POWERSCHOOL ATTENDANCE GRID
- Log on to PowerSchool
- Choose “Reports” from left hand column
- Choose “Class Attendance Grid”
- You do NOT need to change any other of the options except
- When to print: “Choose ASAP”
- The Report Queue Page will appear
- The report will say “running” and the “completed/view”
- Choose “view” and the report will download to your computer
- Print the class lists you want