High School Placement Test
Mother of Mercy High School is pleased to host the High School Placement Test each Fall. Students can take the test at any high school in which they can enroll (Mercy accepts female registrants only) and have the option of sending their results to up to three different schools.
Details for the 2016 HSPT
- Testing date is Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
- Test Fee: $30
- Please arrive at 8:00 a.m. in the lower parking lot and enter the building through the gym lobby. (Pick up at 12 p.m.)
Mercy offers 50% extended time, a reader, and enlarged print tests for qualifying students. To qualify, students must have a diagnosed disability, a formal accommodation plan, and use the accommodations on a regular basis.
In order to receive testing accommodations, complete these steps by Friday, November 4:
1. Register for the test by downloading and completing the PDF registration form (which includes the necessary accommodation authorization information). This 3-page form (which includes a section to be completed by the student's grade school principal) must be returned to Mercy with payment and required documentation by Friday, November 4.
2. Contact Scott Ridder, Mercy’s School Psychologist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 661.2740 ext. 363 to indicate specific accommodations you are requesting.
- Further documentation is not required in order to receive accommodations on the HSPT, but must be submitted before the student is admitted to Mother of Mercy high school (By December 2):
- Current Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/Service Plan (ISP), and/or Accommodation Plan or 504 Plan
- Current Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
- Registration form including the “Authorization for Release of Accommodation Information.
- (*To obtain copies of these records, please contact the student's current school.)
If special testing accommodations are not
needed, please click the button below to register online.
*Online registration will close Friday, November 20, however, walk-ins
will be welcome the day of the test. (Test accommodations will not be provided for walk-ins.)
** To maximize potential, we encourage students to take advantage of Mercy's HSPT Prep Class (see details below).
High School Placement Test Prep Course
Mercy offers optional HSPT Prep Courses to any 8th grade student who may enroll in this school (female registrants only).
Summer 2016 HSPT Prep Course:
August 8-11 from 9:00 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Course fee: $75
- Four 2-hour days designed to help students tackle core aspects of the HSPT including math, reading, launguage, verbal lessons, strategies and practice.
- Click button below for more details and registration.
November 2016 HSPT Prep Courses details:
Students can choose from the morning or afternoon course on Saturday, November 12, 2016.
Please register for ONLY ONE of the identical prep courses below.
- Course Fee: $25
- There will be two 1-hour sessions (language arts and math)
- This preparation program will provide you with an overview of the content
and samples of questions contained on the HSPT and is designed to:
- Strengthen your test-taking skills.
- Help you master time-management strategies.
- Give you the opportunity to take practice HSPT tests.
- Give you examples of websites and other resources for additional practice.
- Motivate and build on your self-confidence.
- Show you exactly what to expect on test day.
- Practice questions online to determine areas of strength and/or weakness before the prep course: http://www.testprepreview.com/hspt_practice.htm.
- For best
results, Mercy encourages students to
practice the tips and examples taught during the Prep Class in the weeks prior to the HSPT.
Please register for the identical fall prep courses below:
Saturday, November 12 morning course (8:15 - 11:30 a.m.):
- Dress is casual.
- You do not need to bring anything with you - Mercy will provide pens, pencils, paper, handouts, and a snack. (You are welcome to bring your own snack, if you prefer.)
- Arrive through the "Technology Wing"
doors (enter parking lot at corner of Werk Road and Epworth Ave.) at 8:15 a.m.
- Parents can pick students up at the same location at 11:30 a.m.
Note: Application for Admission, Scholarship/Tuition Assistance forms are due by November 19, 2016 and may be turned in at the prep course.