Shadowing at Mercy
Mercy’s Shadow Program allows prospective eighth grade students to experience an entire day at Mercy with a Bobcat Ambassador. Shadowing is an invaluable experience that gives eighth graders an opportunity to get a feel of what it’s really like to be a Bobcat. During the shadow visit, students will:
- Participate in classroom and extra curricular activity
- Meet faculty and staff
- Receive answers to questions about Mercy & high school life
- Eat a complimentary lunch with Mercy students
- Tour Mercy's beautiful campus
- Be Inspired!
The opportunities at Mother of Mercy HS are endless. In an effort to give our shadows a chance to experience more of Mercy, most days shadows will be in classes part of the day and partaking in an activity that showcases other aspects of a Mercy education, such as leadership workshops, extra curricular activities, the arts, athletics, or academic subject-specific activities (i.e. labs, creative writing). The activity you partake in will depend on which day you shadow. If you prefer to stay in classes or with your ambassador the full day, please indicate that when registering for a visit. For more information regarding activities that will occur on specific days, please call 513.661.2740 ext. 346.
Scheduling Your Shadow Day
- Before selecting a date, please review and abide by your grade school's shadow visit excused absence policy.
- Shadows may request a Mercy student they wish to shadow or choose to be
paired with an ambassador. In most cases, shadows will be paired with a sophomores or junior student ambassador if a specific ambassador is not requested.
- Prospective students are encouraged to schedule a visit one week in advance to ensure a spot. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- Please note: Days that grade schools are not in session tend to be highly attended. If you prefer to shadow on a day when there are fewer than 30 shadows, see the list of available days below. * indicates days we anticipate 30+ shadows.
The following are days that Mercy welcomes shadows to visit in 2016:
2016 Shadow Day Logistics
- Shadows should arrive at 7:35 a.m. and will be greeted by a student ambassador.
- For snow days: Mother of Mercy will be listed individually
in the school closings, as we make decisions independent of the
- Shadows should be dropped off and picked up at Mercy's Tech Wing, located at the corner of Epworth and Werk Road.
- Parents do not need to come in with student, but if you prefer to do so, please park in the spots marked "visitor" (the row of spots closest to Epworth/the entrance)
- Mercy will provide a complimentary cafeteria lunch coupon, however students are also welcome to bring a packed lunch.
- May want to bring extra money, as shadows may visit Mercy's Spirit Shop upon request (or purchase Smoothies from the Smoothie Shop!).
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing (jeans and gym shoes permitted). Mercy Spirit Wear is encouraged!
- Join in on the fun in the classroom — discussions, projects and activities!
Questions? Contact the Admissions Office at 513.661.2740 (ext 346).